Chapter 6 – Succession of Officers
1. Should the National Director resign, become incapacitated or otherwise be unable to serve, the Deputy Director shall succeed him for the remainder of the term. Election for the National Di- rector position will be held at the next Reunion. The position of Deputy Direc- tor will remain vacant until the next election.
2. Should any Officer/Director/Distaff Advisor resign, become incapacitated or otherwise unable to serve, the National Director will appoint a replacement who will serve until the next Reunion elec- tion.
Chapter 7 – Duties of Officers
1. The National Director will chair the Steering Committee and will preside at the business meetings of the VLOA and at all Steering Committee meetings.
2. The National Director may appoint or remove Committee Chairpersons, sub- ject to ratification by the Steering Com- mittee.
3. Unless otherwise defined, the duties of Officers/Directors/Distaff Advisor will be those customary for such offices. A DVD containing a current set of Poli- cy Files will be provided to each reelect- ed, newly elected, and appointed Of- ficer/Director/Distaff Advisor at the conclusion of the biennial reunion’s business meeting, with a hard copy pro- vided to the National Director.
Chapter 8 – Secretary
1. The Secretary shall maintain minutes and records of all official meetings and of decisions made and approved by the Steering Committee.
2. Resolutions required by communica- tions means other than regularly sched- uled meetings shall be conveyed, in writ- ing or email to the Secretary.
3. The Secretary keeps the current VLOA Roster and will provide a copy quarterly to the National Director, Treasurer, Director of Communications
– Newsletter, Director of Communica- tions – Website, Historian, and Perma- nent Advisor.
4. The Secretary will provide the Direc- tor of Communications – Newsletter a mailing list (in Excel format) of all names listed in Categories A, C, and H on the quarterly roster for use in finaliz- ing mailing labels for quarterly Outlaw Newsletters.
5. The Secretary will provide a VLOA membership card to all eligible Active, Life, and Associate Life members upon dues payment.
Chapter 9 – Treasurer
1. The Treasurer will be appointed by the National Director and ratified by the Steering Committee.
2. Once appointed, the Treasurer will serve in that capacity for an unspecified period of time.
3. The Treasurer will sign checks for debts legally incurred by the VLOA. Debts incurred will be supported with valid vouchers indicating date, dollar amount and specifics of the purchase.
4. The Treasurer will submit an annual budget to the Steering Committee to be approved no later than 31 November re- flecting anticipated expenditures for the next calendar year. The Treasurer will perform other duties customary for the office.
5. The Treasurer will provide a quarter- ly financial statement to the VLOA Steering Committee no later than the 10th of the month following each quarter. The financial statement will be made
available to any Active or Life member upon request and included in the next issue of the Outlaw Newsletter.
6. The Treasurer will provide a report to the membership during the Reunion business session.
7. The Treasurer will ensure that an electronic IRS Form 990E is filed prior to May 15 of each calendar year to re- port the financial status to the IRS. Should the VLOA financial status ex- ceed the IRS specified levels, the Treas- urer will ensure that an annual financial statement is submitted in accordance with IRS rules by the appropriate sus- pense date.
8. The Treasurer will provide an infor- mation copy of all dues payments infor- mation to the Secretary for preparation of the individual’s membership card.
Chapter 10 – Communications Directors
The Communications Director - Newsletter will manage the Outlaw Newsletter and its distribution to VLOA members whose names are reflected on the current VLOA Roster with confirmed addresses. The Communications Director – Newsletter will provide information and communications on the VLOA to external agencies as necessary.
The Communications Director – Website will be the webmaster of the VLOA websites, www.vinhlongoutlaws.com, www.vinhlongoutlaws.org, or www.vinhlongoutlaws.net.
The National Director may appoint one individual to perform the Communications Director duties and be responsible for both the newsletter and websites.
Chapter 11 – Quartermaster
The VLOA has elected to not fill the Quartermaster position. In case a Quartermaster is required and the VLOA Steering Committee approves fill of the position, the following provides the policy for the Quartermaster.
The Quartermaster will manage and coordinate the procurement, storage and sale of various items of Outlaw memorabilia and make such items available to the members. The Steering Committee will approve the purchase of such items. Any revenues derived from the sale of items made available to members will be used for the benefit of the membership and for VLOA operational expenses as approved by the Steering Committee.
Chapter 12 – Historian
The Historian will research, compile, document, and disseminate historical information, photographs, and other recordings of the Outlaws, Mavericks, Bushwhackers, Roadrunners, and all attachments from formation in August 1964 through deactivation in 1972, and to the end of its assignment in Germany in 1975.