8. Distaff Advisor (Without Vote) 9. Permanent Advisor
B. Holding office or other positions of influence and trust is limited to eligible Active or Life members as defined in this Constitution.
C. Responsibility and authority of the Steering Committee:
1. The Steering Committee shall be the governing body of the VLOA. It shall be responsible for management of the affairs of the Association including funds, programs and regulations. It shall have the authority to approve budgets, authorize expenditures and approve meeting sites and program arrangements.
2. A majority of the Steering Committee shall prevail in all matters pertaining to the Association.
3. In addition to business conducted at the Biennial Reunion, unusual and pressing business may be conducted by the Steering Committee at other times by mail, email or conference calling.
4. The Steering Committee may delegate authority and functions to specific members of the VLOA.
5. The Steering Committee shall perform such other duties as prescribed by the Constitution and By Laws.
1. The VLOA may have the following standing committees, with duties and responsibilities as defined in Operating Procedures job descriptions approved by the Steering Committee: